DCOM NHQ Sarajevo handed over a donation from the Norwegian Government
Sarajevo, BiH - Deputy Commander of NATO Headquarters Sarajevo, Colonel Harald Hiorth, donated six high performance computers to the Bosnia and Herzegovina Archive in the capital Sarajevo July 26th, 2012.
During the visit, DCOM NHQ Sa handed over a donation from the Norwegian Government, consisting of the six high performance computers with LCD screens in order to assist in further developing the Archive technology capabilities and enable digitization of the hardcopy files.
The Archive representatives thanked NATO HQ Sarajevo for the donation and pointed out the importance of its digitalization project in the Archive in providing services to the public.
The BiH Archive, the first contemporary archiving institution in Bosnia and Herzegovina, was founded in December 1947. The oldest document kept at the archive is the King Stjepan Dabisa Charter written on parchment in 1395. At present, seventeen personnel are employed at the BiH Archive, while the archiving documents are kept at four depots across town. The archive has been equipped with a microfilm laboratory that enables preservation of the archived material electronically and the reproduction of copies.
Many researchers, scientists, professors and students have turned to the BiH Archive for assistance in obtaining the sources for their scientific work and returnees are assisted in reclaiming their property.